5.17.2014

San Francisco

I had the opportunity to attend a special education conference in San Fran last week for 5 days. (2 were mostly traveling) I've been here once with my dad (more of a drive thru as we made our way up the beautiful coast) and another time with my sister about 5 years ago. I love it there. So much to see and do!

After our first day of seminars (our other special education teacher, Marie, came too) we took a walk down to Fisherman's Wharf. An entertaining tourist trap. :) 

There was a fruit stand with the most delicious looking fruit ever!!! I couldn't resist the nectarines. They were expensive, but worth it. Mmmmm. 



Sea lions being fat, lazy, and working on their tans.... Totally jealous. 


Then we went to an old-school arcade, where most of the machines just freak you out more than anything. Haha! (Yes, Zoltar was there too)




(Kinda blurry but...) I'm sexy! Yahoo! So glad I wasn't frigid, boring, cold, or lousy. Phew!


Then there is this creepy 8 ft tall doll that just laughs, bends over and laughs at you some more... A creepy haunt-my-dreams kind of laugh. (Even tho at the time I was laughing quite hard myself at its ridiculousness) I have it on video, but it won't let me load it, so here's a snap shot of her. Creepy right?!


I seriously could have spent hours in that place. So fun!

Day 2. 
When there is a LONG line for the ladie's.... You improvise. 
Don't judge. :)
(Just so we are clear, I didn't pee in the urinals) 


I decided to spend my afternoon taking a little walk down to the pier again... Which would have been ~2 miles round trip... (We were on Van Ness and California for those who know the area) But I get distracted easily, and next thing you know, I went 10 miles. Haha. (Introducing the 'pointing selfies') Even though it was a cloudy day, it was still amazing. Come take a walk with me...

Pointing to Alcatraz island from fishing pier. 



Ghirardelli square. (I may have sampled some caramel chocolates :) )



Then hiked up through Fort Mason, found these pretty stairs and cool statue at the top. 




Then went another couple miles to Crissy Field. 

 

I walked along the beach, where there were a ton of dogs! Loved it. There were about 20 different dog walkers, each having 6-8 dogs each. I watched the dogs play fetch, roll in the sand, and play in the water for quite awhile. I could have sat there for hours. Cooper would have been in HEAVEN!





(Here's a pic using an instagram filter.) Watching the fog roll in was magical.



And cuz this is what I do...



After Crissy Field, I made my way over to the Palace of Fine Arts.

 


(with HDR filter)

 10.07 miles!


Day 3:
Alcatraz!
Such a beautiful place!
















 
 

 The industries building.





 See the GG Bridge?




Took an audio tour of the cell house. Kinda creepy, but awesome at the same time!




Shower room.




 


The Rec Yard.




The view of the Cell House from the Rec Yard. (my favorite picture)



Stairs leaving the Rec Yard.



 Remember THIS picture from earlier:

Alcatraz FROM San Fran-





Now San Fran FROM Alcatraz-
..... Mind.... Blown.... :)




The Warden's House.

 

 

The Gardens were beautiful!




This shot is on the boat on our way back. I thought it was pretty cool. Flag. Sun. GG Bridge.


When we returned, we went to a seafood place that Jason had recommended. Scoma's. I had a lobster bisque (to die for!) and a seafood plate that included 2 lobster tails, giant shrimp, crab, and scallops all tossed in a delicious sauce, served with veggies and some pasta. OMG so GOOD!!!!



The next day we returned home... and find this in the SLC airport... haha! 


No comments: