6.29.2013

Wellsville hike x 2

I try to hike the Wellsvilles every year, just for kicks. This time around Brigitte wanted to join me. I usually don't hike it until September-ish just because its a bit cooler, but lucky for us we had an unusually odd cool week in June. So we rounded up the posse, which included me, Brig, Pat (Brig's MIL), Diane (Jason's/Brig's step mom = one of my awesome MILs), my buddy Tonio (who usually hikes the hills with me), his cousin Armando, and of course the cute mutts, Cooper and Trigger. 

We started at the Deep Canyon trail, hiked up to the saddle, then across the ridge to Stewarts Pass, and down the Cold Water Lake trail. It was about an 8 mile trip, taking about 7 hours. (This includes stopping for views and lunch) It was so much fun!

The Saddle/Saddle rock 


Me and Tonio

Brig, Pat, Diane, me (and trigger)


Somewhere along the ridge, looking into Cache Valley






Made it to Stewarts Pass!



Cold Water Lake (pond)




Tired puppies. How cute is this?!


Round 2. A couple days later, (I was still recovering from hike) my cousin from Seattle was in Utah and called and said he wanted to go for a hike. I gave him options, and he chose the Wellsvilles. So we did a round trip of Deep Canyon. Unfortunately, we were no longer having unusually cool weather. It was HOT! But we survived. We had a lot of fun. I wish I could hang out with Sam more often. 









I tried a self pic with both dogs. Not too bad... Trig could care less, dang him!



Discovered an easier/more convenient way to water the dogs. (Spitting it to them) Saved from having to keep taking pack on and off, gave me some refreshment, and could give dogs water more often. 






Warning: it's a dusty trail. :)


After the hike we stopped for dinner at the best Mexican place ever!! Yummy!!


2 comments:

Laura said...

Lulu drinks via the spit method too...i think it's a sign of a spoiled dog.

Kelly said...

Thanks for the invite... Boo :(