6.01.2013

Californ-i-a!


(warning. picture overload)

School's out! Woo-hoo! And to celebrate, a few of us went to California for a week. (Joan- one of our 5th grade teachers. Marie - one of our Special Ed teacchers. Vaughn - our librarian.) School got out May 24, and we were on a plane the next morning heading for Ventura.

 
Poor Bug. She wanted to go with me so bad...


At LAX, while we were waiting in baggage claim, I look over and there was JASON STATHAM. No joke! Right there! In all his hotness! I inched closer, just to make sure, and could hear him talking with that sweet sexy accent. Ahhhh..... I SO wanted a picture with him, but didn't dare because for 1, I had the previous day's makeup on, 2, I had been up since 4 and just got off the plane so I was just a mess. 3, Joan was in a hurry to get us on the shuttle. 4, ..... there's no excuse. I totally regret not doing it. He's one of my favorite. Crap.

Jason Statham

... Weird. How did that get on here... :) 

Where was I again? I got a little distracted.... I mean, just look at him!

Ok... So we drove up the Pacific Coast Highway and our first stop was the Getty Villa. It was a cool little place that they have created to resemble Greek/Roman architecture, mythology, and rituals. It was very interesting, and very beautiful!



Then we went up a canyon to the Hindu Temple.


We rented a cute VRBO 100 yards from the beach!



We came up with a name for us for the trip. A combination of our 4 names. I'm thinking I have some pretty good artistic skills. Wouldn't you say? :)

The next day we met up with Tyler (who I went to HS with and was good friends with in college, and also happens to be Joan's step-son). We took a little boat out and toured the Ventura Keys. Which is where rich people live, parking their cars in front and their boats out the back.

 


 Me and Tyler make a pretty cool sandcastle, don't ya think? 


Then we headed up to Santa Barbara.
We stopped at the Santa Barbara Mission and they were having a chalk art festival. It was AMAZING what these people can draw!  


Then we headed down to the pier, and on our way we found this really old Australian Fig Tree. It was so cool!




The next day, Tyler and his friends took us sailing! It was a little choppy with the high winds, but still so fun! I've always wanted to go sailing. Then we had a little bbq there on the boat in the harbor.

 
Joan's hat blew off and these nice people brought it back.

 Me and Marie



The next day, we went and checked out 'Wine Country'. It was so beautiful! We stopped at 4-5 different wineries, and took a tour of one. (Gainey)


On our way back we stopped in a cute little Dutch town called Solvang.

We had delicious fish tacos on the Ventura Pier and watched the beautiful sunset.



Our last day there we just did some relaxing. Went downtown Ventura for some shopping. Hung out on the beach for a bit. Had a great last dinner with Tyler at Brophey Bros (which was delicious! Tyler took us to so many delicious places to eat. I'm surprised I'm not 10 lbs heavier from the trip.)



The trip was so fun and much needed. I LOVED it there and the area, and hopefully can go back again sometime.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Fun stuff. Missed ya at bunko.