3.28.2014

Might as well...

2:00am
I lay here, cuddling with my five fur-babies, unable to sleep. So I figure I might as well update my blog for any admiring stalkers I may have left. 

Let's see... 

I have taken up quite the interest in my cake-making skills. I actually quite enjoy it. It's a time for me to 'zone out' to the rest of the world and it's stresses, and focus all my OCD-ness on something else. Therapeutic. 

My brother's 25th bday cake. (A quarter)


My friend's kid is a HUGE Boston Celtics fan. Made him a jersey cake, with cake-ball basketballs. (I got him the awesome hat too!) 



I made this baby dragon (coming out of an egg) for a baby shower that was dragon and unicorn themed. 


What I find funny is that people don't dare cut into them. :) Sometimes I'm the one to grab the knife. I know people 'feel bad' cutting into what must have taken me hours -which yes, it does take many hours- but to me it's just cake. It was a challenge for myself to produce (hopefully something close to) the image I had in my head. 

And now, it seems to be cake season! Haha. I have four cakes to make in the next two weeks. Fingers crossed they turn out decent, and hopefully my kitchen survives. :) Watch for a post in a couple weeks with new cakes! 

I used to shoot archery back when I was 14, even went to nationals 3 times. It's been on the back burner for the last 15 years, and I'm starting it back up and loving it! In fact, a few weeks ago I got my first 'Robin Hood'! (Where you split your own arrow) So exciting!! Not an easy thing to do.
Ain't it just beautiful?!?! :) 



And how do you like my new ears? :) Ivie brought me back some ears from Disney Land so we could match. :) feeling so loved. 

Mom and I joined the Cache Carvers Club. (I'm by far the youngest one there. Haha) we have been having a lot of fun! I just finished my first project (still need to paint it) a snowman toothpick holder. Ain't he cute?! :) 

We also took a class on carving 'wizards' into walking sticks. Not even close to being done. Faces are difficult to carve!! But here is some our instructor has done... Maybe someday -way way down the road- I can be even half this awesome. 
Amazing right?!!!?!?!


My cousin was here from Seattle and we went up to Beaver to bask in the sun and ski/board. Good times! Beautiful day! And delicious food! ;)



Since my half marathon in San Diego in December, I have done diddly squat! :) I've taken Cooper for a 6 mile walk once.  Slacker. I need to get back into the swing of things! Especially now that race season is starting. And on that note, mom and I just did our first 5k of the year. So proud of her for finishing after having major neck surgery just 9 months ago! She's a trooper!
This was the Think Pink 5k for breast cancer. 


I also signed up for a triathlon in August. We had so much fun last year, looking forward to it again. Can't say no to fun! ;)

I've also been helping set up a fundraiser for the brother of a close friend of mine who has been battling cancer for the last year. We've collected so many great donations for our auction I'm excited to see what the outcome will be and the help his family will receive. So many amazing people around us. If interested in helping or coming, there is a flyer on my Facebook page with info, or you can message me and I'll email it to you. 
...... Ok so I just downloaded this from FB. If u can't see the details (writing from my phone so not sure how decent it will show) let me know. ....


Anyway.... Um... I think that's about it. Maybe now I can sleep. :)


2 comments:

Katie Jane said...

I loved this post and seeing your awesomeness! Your cakes are amazing.

Laura said...

Thanks for updating, but really you should work on the sleep thing!