3.24.2013

Grandma's Luau

This year I wanted to have a fun party for my Grandma because I feel she gets left out a bit, and who knows how much longer we'll have her around. (She is starting to show signs of Alzheimer's/Dimentia) So we decided to have a Luau party at my uncle Mike's, and turn his garage into an Island Oasis. Gma was so surprised! It was a blast! We had delicious food (shredded pork, coconut rice, fresh pineapple, Pina Coladas, and spam rolls! Haha. And lots of treats of course) hula hooping, a 'tiki photo booth', and a pinata for the little kids.  First time in a long time we've had ALMOST everyone in the family there. (missing 4 Peterson's who live in Boston, Caleb who is in the Philippines, and Kenna in Colorado.)

 
  


My friend helped me make this awesome cake. Can't have a luau without the pig!

 
Gma loved the cake!

Everyone had a chance for their PHOTO - OP in our Tikis. 


 Me and mom.

 Good 'ol Uncle Mike!

 Gma got our Hula Hooping started.

 A gift from the Peterson's.

 Silly Grandma!

 Katelyn may hate me for posting this, but it cracks
me up every time I see it. :) I had to share.

The Great Grandkids.







Good times.... Love this family.






No comments: