7.24.2012

Catching you up...

A lot has happened the last couple months, so I'm going to try and sum up our fun-doings as best as I can for ya. (Long post, tons of pics.)

We recently went out to Boston for Caleb's Harvard graduation (previous post). While we were out on the east coast, I couldn't NOT go see Tessa when she was only few hours drive away. So mom and I drove to New Jersey for a weekend to play with the Wingers. Mom got to play grandma and the kiddos were reminded that Aunt Taro is still their favorite. :)

Cuties.

He's so stinking cute! Love him!



Evan helped my mom play dress up.

Then Tessa and I played dress up.
We went in public like this too, cuz we're THAT cool.

We celebrated mom's birthday with a hot dog and s'mores cookout up the canyon. (two days before they banned campfires. Just in time.) I made her a "Girls Scout Cookie Samoa Cake" found on Pinterest. Also made her a ladder of pictures of us kids.




We celebrated the 4th with Hyrum's festivities. We got up bright and early to help Uncle Mike with the Lions breakfast, but there were so many volunteers this year there were literally too many cooks in the kitchen. So Tanner, Katelyn, and I, headed over to the finish line for the Freedom Run Race to cheer on the runners. I'm not one to brag, but we did get our picture in the paper. :) look close.


Patriotic shaved ice to enjoy while watching the parade.


The girls in Jason's office were giving him a hard time cuz he hadn't shaved or had a haircut for a while... so he came home, cut his hair, and went back to work like this for the next couple days.



Then a couple weeks later, he does this to his beard... seriously?



Now for our injury updates:
Apparently I am somewhat allergic to wasps. This is only a few hours after being stung.
(sorry pic quality isn't the best from my phone)


Cooper somehow got a cut on his leg, so he needed stitches. Poor guy.

 This was on the way home from vet. He was still drugged up and zoning out. 
Kinda cute.

 He had to wear the "cone of shame" but he handled it like a champ.

Stitches were starting to come out early.
But it still healed up nicely.

 He also scuffed up his chin while we were playing fetch.


Flowerbed project:
I've been wanting to revamp my flower beds because they were starting to look more like weed-beds. So, using a tip found on pinterest (using newspaper for weed blocker), I tackled the project. And I have to say they look pretty good!

 

 This fool LOVES the hose.
He barks at me if I stop squirting him.
Makes it hard to get yard work done.
But it's cute, so I let it slide.


Bear Lake 5k for Cancer:
This is the third year that Jessica and I have put on this race. Each year gets bigger and better and we always have a ton of fun. Our theme this year is STRENGTH.  "Strength of purpose, achieves the impossible." We had a great turn out and already looking forward to next year's.
 
 Sunrise over Bear Lake.

 Me and Jessica

 Mom and Tanner came to help out, and they also ran the race.
This view is from the top of the loop.

My friends Melody and Tyler were our musical entertainment.

 My traditional tourist shot from the overlook. 

 Last weekend, my friend Ashley and I did a fun run here in my town for the 24th.




Jason has been in Alaska for two weeks working and fishing with his brothers and dad.


Coming up:
  • Maybe more pics from Jason's trip.
  • Going to NJ for two weeks to play with my kiddos while Tessa recovers from her bone marrow transplant.
  • I have signed up for a half marathon (say what?!!!?). That's 13.1 miles! I barely survive 5k's (3 miles). But I've paid, so now I gotta do it. All I have to say, is that T-shirt better be awesome! And if you don't hear from me after Sept, you'll know I didn't make it out alive. Either that, or my pace is SUPER slow and I'm still running it. HA HA.




1 comment:

Katie Jane said...

If it is the top of Utah half I will totally be there to cheer yo on!