On a happier note (in these sad times as of late) my lil BIG brother turned 23! Seriously, where did the last ten years go? Or twenty for that matter.
We were trying to come up with a theme for this year's cake. (I haven't channeled Cake Boss in awhile, it's about time I did!) Let's see... We've done Buzz Light year (20), Fruit Pizza (not as exciting but was requested, 21), Zombie (22).... hmmm..... We got it! Dr Pepper! If you are a Dr Pepper drinker (like myself.... but trying to quit... again) You'd know that DP has 23 flavors! If you didn't know that, you do now! :) So, we figure that Tanner has 23 years of "flavoring". So it was decided. Dr Pepper themed cake with Dr Pepper Freezes made by Kenna. YUM!
This is my first cake using homemade butter cream, and as you can see my 'smoothing' skills could use some work.... next time..... next time......
EVERYTHING on the cake is edible!
Letters are cut from sugar paper. (by hand with exact-o knife)
Top is fondant covered rice krispies.
And the coolest part.... Edible spray paint! (the silver)
Oh how I wished I found that when I made the elephant back in May.
That would have saved a lot of hassle trying to get a grey fondant.
Another "note to self" for later.
Smooth or not... Tanner loved it!
Kenna's gift.
Rule #2: Double Tap
If you get it, then you're cool.
If you don't, figure it out so you can be cool too.
:)
This count as a double tap?
The unveiling of the cake....



2 comments:
Oh my gosh...you are so talented! Any ideas how to make a Minnie Mouse cake?? :) Looks like a fun bday party! I think about you often...I hope you and Jason are doing ok, your post about Rob was beautiful. It is hard to write out your feelings, but so good to do.
You are seriously awesome! I can't believe your cake skilz!
Post a Comment