6.29.2011

There is no limit to courage - BL5K

Mom and I did this race last year (HERE) and had a ton of fun. This year was the second year for the race and I volunteered to help out. So between me and Jessica, through MANY MANY emails, we put this race together just the two of us. I helped find sponsors and get donations for our prizes and designed the posters for the event, and Jessica handled all the participant registration and city stuff, as well as find a few sponsors as well. In total we raised about $6000.

We had a great time and a pretty good turn-out, considering this is only the second year. We can only get bigger and better from here. I guess I'm in for the long haul now, because I said I'd keep helping her with it. It is officially an annual thing. So keep your eyes open for next year's and plan to come!

 View of the sunrise from the cabin we stayed at.
My shirt.

 
Breakfast. YUM!
ifrogz donated 500 wrist bands with our theme on it this year,
"There is NO limit to COURAGE"


 Tessa was SO excited. :)

Me and Jessica.

 Susan, the Executive Director from Huntsman Center, came to support as well.

 My cousin Lindsey (waving) at the start line.

 Wagon girls were so cute.

My friends Melody and Tyler came to play for us and did a great job. Thanks guys!
Be sure to check them out. Melody has a BEAUTIFUL voice.

 Getting ready to draw names for the prize bags.
We had some great donations this year for prizes,
Thank you to all those who helped.
 My mom couldn't run this year due to a foot surgery, but she'll be ready for next year.
This is with her high school buddy Christy (who also helped out with sponsorship and donations) and her daughters.


Daleen, my mom, me, and my mother in-law DD.
Thanks for coming to support!
 
(me and Lindsey)

 Our 'tourist' photo op.


Great time!
Already planning next year's.

2 comments:

Gunnell Fam said...

I totally wanted to run this year but it just didn't work out. Keep me posted because I'm in next year!

Amber Smith said...

I am so impressed that you put this together. Way to go! I want to run next year it would be way fun.