8.11.2010

New Jersey

I recently went to New Jersey to visit my friend Tessa and her cute family for 9 days. I miss them so much! Evan is the best lil cuddler and I'm pretty sure I'm his favorite person, EVER! :)
Ain't he a cutie!

Best Welcome note EVER!

We spent two days at the beach.
He threw a small tantrum, putting his face in the sand.
He liked laying down by me. So cute!

If your recall, my first attempt (back in May) at getting into Cake Boss's shop failed. They were about to close and wouldn't let me in. The second time (this trip), Tessa and I took the day and went to Hoboken for lunch and thought we'd try again. Wrong! The line was 2 blocks long! The weather was 90+ degrees plus humidity, we weren't about to stand in line for hours. My shorts were already sticking to me, and my face drenched in sweat. Not fun.

Since we failed, again, at Cake Boss, we stopped at a local bakery for treats. They had THE BEST dulce de leche (caramel cheesecake)! We had it a couple nights. :)

Third time is the charm! FINALLY!!!! We got there shortly after they opened (7am) and still had to wait 45 minutes in line. Not too bad though, cuz it was so early that it wasn't too hot.
Waiting in line.
Packed inside.
I probably would have bought more (actually I'm sure of it) had I been able to actually see what was in the cases. When my number was called I just told her some things that I knew from the show. :( Which was still delicious, but I wanted more! And still, they were out of chocolate covered strawberries. :(
Proof that I was inside. -Notice the creepy guy looking at me?... Perv. JK-
Lobster Tail and eclair. Mmmmm....
Red Velvet cupcake. TO DIE FOR! Especially with the cream cheese frosting.

Just hanging out with the fam.
Family Dog-pile on Tessa. I wish I would have gotten pics of Evan's pjs. He had the cutest Batman and Superman pjs. Or as Mykelle calls them, the "FAT man pjs".

A creepy looking one of Tessa just for fun. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.