4.25.2009

*B*U*N*C*O*

For those of you who don't know what BUNCO is.... it is a game that requires your smarts, wits, athletic endurance, and knowledge of K9 anatomy..... Ok just kidding. There is no skill involved except for the fact you need to be able to count to 21. It's all about how lucky you are when rolling 3 dice. I like to refer to this game as "Poker night for Mormon moms".

The rules: There are 12 people. 4 to a table. You partner up with the person across from you. You play 6 rounds. 1st round, you try to roll for ones. You count your ones until you reach 21. If you get three 1's, you yell BUNCO, and go to the next round. 2nd round, you roll for two's... and so on. After 6, the losers of the table rotate to the next table, and start again with a new partner.
There are prizes at the end for most BUNCO's, for most wins, for traveler, and we also give a loser prize for who had the most losses.

A BUNCO is when all 3 dice land on the number you are on.
And triple 2's, in any round, is called Traveler. Which can be anything you choose, like a stuffed animal, to throw around to whoever yells it. Whoever ends with the toy, gets the traveler prize.

Here's my score card. Last month I won the BUNCO prize,
and this month I didn't have 1 BUNCO! :(

(our action shot of rolling dice)
Game goes fast and gets intense. Be ready to roll! If you are
next to me and you're too slow, I ain't scared to skip ya.
Just kidding. I'll just slap you or something. Ha ha! :)

(BUNCO action shot)
When you get into the game, sometimes you get too excited
to hold back when you get a BUNCO.

Not only is there food and treats to munch on, but fun people too.
(Shantel, Brandi, Me)

Crystal and Brooke

A lil entertainment from Marissa.

3 comments:

Hess said...

I am a bunko fan too. I moved from SLC, so i miss my group! I always get the low score, it always turns out good for me though. If you ever need a sub let me know I would love to come play with your gals!

Reena Bostock said...

I miss BunCO!!! You look great!

Chani Pratt said...

This looks like super fun. I have heard about Bunco, and always wanted to try...too fun!