10.24.2008

Losing Weight.... Men vs Women

When a woman wants to lose weight and get in shape, she has to work extra hard for it. She quits drinking soda, eats smaller portions, chooses healthier things to eat, and exercises everyday. When a man decides to lose weight and get in shape, it's almost like the second he decides to do that he automatically loses 3 pounds right there in front of you. They don't have to even try! You begin to realize that those SlimQuick commercials are SO true. For example, I've been trying to get back into better shape, and be not-so squishy in parts. I quit drinking soda for 7 months, went running almost every day, and was making better choices about what I ate. Did I lose any pound-age?? NO!!!The last two months Jason and I have been trying to eat better, cut back on soda, and exercise daily. We pretty much eat the same stuff, we both play sports which make us run our butts off.... do I lose any weight?? Of course not! Does he? Yes! Probably more than he should too. So what's the deal?? That just doesn't seem fair.

Of course I'd like to look like this picture!! This is my goal. Someday I'll be there.... I'm trying to lose weight and tone up. Any advice on diets, losing weight, or secretly fattening up the husband to make me look better is greatly appreciated. ;) Good luck to all the women!

6 comments:

Reena Bostock said...

I totally know how you feel. Remember I was the one who started running with you everyday and didn't drop a pound either. I hope you get good diet,and fattening tips, because I need them too. Plus, I think you already look great. You don't need to lose a pound. Jason loves you the way you are or he wouldn't have married you if he didn't. He is one lucky guy to have a beauty like you on his arm. I speak the truth.
LOVE,
ME

Reena Bostock said...

p.s. I still wear sweats to the store too.

Suz said...

Congrats!!

Chris and Tiffiney said...

If you don't look like that picture you are a disgrace to society. In fact women should always dress like that when going shopping. LOL, but seriously Tiffiney complains about the same thing although she is mad that I can't gain weight…

Unknown said...

Don't worry... I still went to the store in my green moose pj's last night, and it was only 830... People can deal with it. :)

Anderson Avenue said...

That is soooo true! Nick even whispers that he needs to loose weight and drops 5 pounds! Not me though still trying to loose some baby weight and my baby is a year old! Not good. You on the other hand look great always!!