View from Providence bench that morning.
We hiked from left to right.
Me, Wes, and Ryan
with Bella, Tamer, and Sydney in tow
We started at Rattle Snake Trail Head in Sardine Canyon.
A view of Sardine from a small bench half way up Rattle Snake.
Wes played tour guide. Ryan played tourist. I played documentary photographer. :)
Looking south. Sardine Canyon.
Once on top, it was VERY cold, and VERY windy. We layered back up and
hunkered down behind a big tree for lunch.
The beauty of this bare tree.... leaves me speechless.
The range, looking south.
MADE IT!!!
Here I am, standing on a pile of rocks,
on top of the highest peak in the range,
Box Elder Peak.
Geological Survey Mark
... Because why wouldn't you take a selfie?
I nailed Ryan with this snowball. Haha!
We hiked through snow.
Another AWESOME tree.
We hiked on steep sides of the mountain....
... and on rocky slopes...
... and bare terrain...
... and thick brush...
Another selfie. Just north of Stewart's Pass.
(CV behind me)
And now starting to head down.
We came down Deep Canyon
Once at the bottom, Julie and Marie were waiting for us with some refreshing beverages. Beers for the boys, (and since I don't like beer) a refreshing mix of OJ and Cranberry juice for me. I couldn't drink it fast enough!
I had a really cool video from the top, but it's so windy you can't hear what we are saying. If I can figure out how to filter that out, I will post it. Til then, just imagine you just saw an awesome video. :)
Here's a little summary of our trip. (using MapMyRide app)
- It took us just under 9 hours (that includes stopping for lunch, photo opps, etc)
- It was just over 12 miles.
- (according to the app) I burned 6300 calories! After looking at this elevation map I almost believe it.
- My body recovered surprisingly well... As long as I didn't go up or down stairs for a few days. Haha.



No comments:
Post a Comment