5.17.2012

Komen Race and Patty

Mom and I did our tradition this year for Mother's day weekend, the Komen Race for the Cure. Our team this year shrunk big-time from last year's. My sister in-laws were too busy running kids around to soccer games, and Akalia had a swim meet so she and Reena couldn't come. (which I'm ok with, cuz I've seen her swim and she's going to be in the Olympics someday. )

 Getting up at the butt-crack of dawn to catch Trax to downtown.



 Nick's a little grumpy in the mornings...

 Breakfast on the go from Burger King as we walk to the start line.

 Mile marker 1!

 The route was changed this year, taking it through neighborhoods.
Streets got pretty narrow making it hard to jog. But we still tried to jog most of it.
Weaving in and out, sidewalk and road.
Can you see the sea of people? It goes as far as you can see!
 YAY!!!




After the race, we headed back to Logan for an open house honoring a dear friend of ours who has battled breast cancer twice in the last 5 years. She was our family Dr for YEARS! She was always someone I could turn to when I needed advice, both for life and health. She is such a wonderful, loving, inspirational person. I feel so privileged to have known her in my life. Love you Patty!
 

No comments: