5.28.2010

Road trip to New Jersey

(I'm behind in posting... so shoot me)

That's right, I said ROAD TRIP and JERSEY... you know, that state over on the east coast...
After driving to Ohio twice, you'd think I'd be pro, so what's another 8-10 hrs to Jersey....

(Back story for those who don't know) My friend's husband accepted a job in Hoboken, NJ and had already been out there working for a month, so Tessa was on her own to get the house sold and drive cross country. Me, being the great wonderful loving Aunt Taryl that I am, offered to drive with her to help out with the kids. :)

We did it in 4 days, making some fun stops along the way. Wouldn't take it back for anything, but I think next time I'll fly. :)


Mykee ridin in style


Omaha Zoo
The Shark Tunnel

This zoo is known to have the largest indoor jungle.
(so said the guy behind the counter)
It was SUPER hot and humid.
Needless to say, MAJOR case of SWEAVAGE. :)


Tessa, Mykelle, and Evan

Our 'Family Picture'
We found our Bio-Dome!!!!
(great movie)
This was just a desert dome, but still.... close enough.

Poor kids... How uncomfortable a car seat would be...
Especially to sleep in.



Hotel livin'
She called the shower cap her crown,
and the necklace was MY happy meal toy.

My GIANT cookie.

Don't worry, I had help. :)


Chinese take-out in bed.
Attractive right? :)


HOBOKEN, NJ

I mentioned Cake Boss in a previous post... (makes seriously awesome cakes! check it out.) Well, this is his shop! I was totally stoked! But we got there right when they were closing and the guy at the door wouldn't let us in. I told him I came ALL the way from Utah JUST to go in the shop, and he still wouldn't let me in. :( He has no heart.
I'll be back dude.... I'll be back.

View of Manhattan.
This is from the campus where Adam works.


Tessa was nice enough to let me take some family pics.

Then the party was over and I flew home. :(

Things I've learned:
  • Starbursts make a great 'pick-me-up' when driving for hours on end.
  • McDonald's play places are NOT for someone who is 5'9".
  • Rice cakes, bread, and string cheese CAN be dinner.
  • NEVER go on a road trip with kids WITHOUT a dvd player...
  • Along with previous, I will never need to watch Bolt or Princess and Frog ever again. Pretty sure they are memorized.
  • A diaper can only hold SO MUCH pee.


3 comments:

Katie Jane said...

Holy smokes that is a long drive! Yikes, and with two kids. You are one brave chica.

Jenny said...

I hope you weren't the one wearing the diaper, ala the crazy astronaut lady.

Reena Bostock said...

You are a super trooper!